Sample pages of the table of languages accepted for the label/IFU, GUI, implant card, FSN, and DoC in the 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, Serbia, and Montenegro under the language requirements set out in the EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR 2017/745/EU) with English extracts from national legislation
(Downloads - 2657)
Free sample of the EU MDR Language Requirements Table 2024, consisting of five pages.
The EU MDR allows individual EU Member States to decide at the national level which official EU language(s) they will accept for the label/IFU, GUI, implant card, FSN, and DoC. There are also several European countries which are not EU Member States but have harmonised their national medical device legislation with the MDR to have access to the European single market.
For the purpose of the MDR, there are 24 official EU languages. While a couple of EU countries, such as Belgium and Finland, expect the information supplied with a device intended for the layperson to be available in all their national languages, other EU countries, such as Luxembourg or Poland, allow certain exceptions. Furthermore, several countries, such as Austria and Cyprus, waive their national language requirements for devices intended exclusively for professional use.
The full version of this EU MDR Language Requirements Table 2024 provides details of the language(s) accepted for the information accompanying a medical device intended for layperson and professional use in each of the 27 EU Member States plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, Serbia, and Montenegro. In addition, it also includes relevant extracts in English from national legislation and/or official guidelines of each country, as well as clickable links to the official sources.
For technical support, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the MDR/IVDR language requirements, please read our recent articles:
- What Are the Language Requirements for Medical Devices Sold in the EU Market under the New EU Medical Devices Regulation?
- Which Languages Are Accepted under the MDR Language Requirements in Each EU Member State? (in English, German or French)
- What Are the EU IVDR Language Requirements and Which Languages Does Each EU Member State Accept?
- What Are the EU MDR/IVDR IFU Translation Requirements for Manufacturers of Medical Devices?
- What Is the EU MDR/IVDR Language Requirement for the Declaration of Conformity for Medical Devices? (in English, German or French)
- What Are the EU IVDR Language Requirements for Screens and Software?
- What Are the MDR and IVDR Language Requirements for Field Safety Notices for Medical Devices?
- FAQs: Language Translation Requirements for Medical Device Companies Operating in the EU under the New EU MDR and IVDR